What do you do when unexpected guests call to announce they are going to arrive next week for a surprise visit? If we are completely honest with ourselves, very few of us are guest ready 100% of the time especially for the arrival of relatives (and we all have them) who are absolutely fanatical when it comes to a tidy home. Before you rush into panic mode, consider your resources. The cleaning specialists at AAA Cleanco are the experts when it comes to getting your home ready for guests. Our team of professional cleaning technicians will clean your living areas exactly the way you want them cleaned, customized to fit your budget and your specific cleaning requirements.
The resourceful experts at AAA Cleanco have provided a to-do list for you to prepare and survive your houseguests who arrive with very short notice.
What to Put in a Guest Bathroom
• Remove any personal items from the vanity and bathroom cabinet
• Set out clean hand and bath towels
Guest Bedroom Essentials
• Clean out a section of the closet to make room for your guests clothes
• Clean out a dresser drawer for guests’ clothes or other personal items.
• Wash the bedspread.
• Put fresh sheets on the bed.
• Throw away expired food in the refrigerator
Your AAA Cleanco cleaning specialists will take care of the rest including:
• Deep clean your kitchen including your stove, cabinets, appliances and sink
• Deep clean your bathroom including the tub, toilet, sink, mirrors, and floors
• Deep clean your guest bedroom including under the bed, interior windows, window sills and drapery
• Whole home vacuum including furniture along with dusting and polishing of wood furniture.
• Dust and clean your television, mirrors, and lamps
• Mop all hard floor areas including ceramic tile
• Remove dust bunnies and cobwebs including baseboards and ceiling fans
• Replace burnt-out light bulbs
• Empty garbage cans
Quick Clean Up Tips for the Arrival of Unexpected Guests
For a quick clean-up when you have guests show up unexpectedly, keep a smaller sized laundry basket close at hand, pass it along to your spouse and have him go through the family room and kitchen collecting clutter such as shoes, magazines, clothes, books and toys while you momentarily detain your guests in the entryway. Have your spouse place the basket out of sight in a closet until your guests have left and the coast is clear.
Good Emergency Gift Ideas
If you have been caught without a gift to give a family member or friend you know the feeling of embarrassment that comes with the realization that you have forgotten something important. We are all guilty of forgetting a birthday or other special occasion and the best way to deal with an important occasion that has slipped your mind is to have an emergency gift supply. Include gifts that can be given to either a male or female adult family member or friend, such as picture frames, wine, candy, stationery, pen sets and candles. Don’t forget the kids. DIY craft sets make a great gift and be customized for either a boy or a girl. Keep an assortment of gift bags and cards in your supply so you are can package a gift a moment’s notice.